So… it’s that time of year. And this year, as part of the WordCamp Israel team, I’d like to announce the plans for this year’s event.
So that’s a plus for some of you who are interested in advanced topics.
But forget what I just said. The plan this year, as far as the Developer track is concerned, is to sift away from the “intermediate” approach and present some more advanced topics, but in a convincing, accessible way.
We want more local talent. That should be a great way to tackle this challenge.
These are some suggestions I have for this year’s WordCamp that I think if offered, will probably get high chances of getting selected.
- WP’s new REST API
- Workflow Improvement (using advanced deployment tools like Capistrano, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Advanced Security in WordPress
- Development Automation tools (Grunt, Gulp, Make)
- Libraries such as Backbone, React
- Tools such as CoffeeScript, TypeScript
- Smart Development Processes for Themes and Plugins
- Advanced Caching in WordPress
You’re welcome to pitch your idea in the form in the bottom of this page.
Talking of advanced topics, here is a curated list of advanced tools and articles for WordPress. Thank me later.
Hope to see you there!